Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's no secret that we think that Lori is with out a doubt the cutest and smartest kid ever!!

Her latest thing is trying to learn to use the potty. She had the potty chair that would sit on the ground, but lately she wanted to sit on the actual toilet. This required me to sit on the floor and hold her over the toilet for 10 or some minutes at a time. I obviously grew tired of this much faster than Lori did, and so we went to Babies R Us and got this fancy potty seat that sits INSIDE the toilet. Lori is extremely excited about the new seat and will now sit on it for 10-15 min at a time, several times a day. She's not too good at actually GOING in the potty, but it's a step in the right direction in my opinion.









She's also just recently just gotten in to dolls. She used to carry them around and give them hugs, but now she's actually started playing with them. It is not uncommon for us to walk in to a room and see a doll or two laying on the floor either on or under a blanket. Yesterday I caught her walking to her room carrying her Barbie. I figured she was up to something (she is my daughter after all... she always seems to have something up her sleeve) so I followed her.

I walked in to find this...



From the looks of things "Numero Dos" is going to be in good hands.

3 comments:

Marlene Hoffman said...

this is precious!!

Meg said...

I love the picture of Lori with the dolls - she'll be a good big sister!!

teabarnes said...

This is so so sweet. What a good girl and Megan is right, she will be a wonderful big sister!!