Thursday, January 7, 2010

in the home stretch

So I'm actually almost done. I've made it to 38 weeks (or 39 depending on which due date you look at) At this point, regardless of due date, "Numero Dos" could come any day. I've never been this pregnant before and so from here on out, it's all new! Which is exciting and frustrating all at the same time.







38 weeks
(is it just me or does my belly look SMALLER than last week?)











As anxious as I am to have this baby out and meet him face to face, (not to mention NOT have him painfully wedged under my ribs anymore...) I actually have been taking the advice EVERYONE has been giving me, and enjoying my last few days being just Lori's mommy. She is amazing. (I know, I know, I'm bragging again, but hey, it's my blog and I'll brag if I want to! ;) ) Lori has become particularly snuggly these last few days, which could be in relation to her slight fever today but I like to think that she just KNOWS that things are going to be different soon. She's just my sweet baby girl who is beyond precious and I love her very much. It actually makes me sad, that things are going to change in a matter of days or weeks.

I've been enjoying watching Lori's free and joyful spirit as she wanders around the house cooking up some sort of trouble. In this case, it' not so much trouble as it is just plain silliness.




wearing Jorge's socks...


Bag lady, eat your heart out.

Every outfit needs a good pair of shoes.


For some reason in this picture I think she looks like my sister a little bit when she was little...


Our silly little girl who makes me smile every day! What a blessing she is!

3 comments:

Marlene Hoffman said...

I love this. I can only hope to be as blessed when it's my turn to be a mommy!

teabarnes said...

How incredibly blessed am I as a Grammy!! And you are right, Dane, there is a little twinkle of Megan in those eyes. Maybe it is the fashion style. I will see if I can find a photo to compare!! Love you tons. You are a wonderful Mommy!!

Kelsey Woodruff said...

You look GREAT Dana! And I love Lori's outfits.