Friday, October 23, 2009

"Thar he grows!"

I'm getting much much bigger, and so is he! According to Baby Center he's almost 2 lbs and 14 1/2 inches long!! NO WONDER I'm getting so uncomfortable, that's only 3.75 inches shorter than Lori when she was BORN and almost HALF the weight! Kinda scary if you think about it! Granted he may not actually be that big, but he CERTAINLY feels like it!






Here's my picture from LAST week at 26 weeks.



26 weeks

















Here we are at 27 weeks... almost to the 7th month mark!

27 weeks

(I'm not sure who/what is more responsible for the good amount of belly growth this week, the actual baby or the excess of pizza we had on our Chicago/WI trip last week)






I have to admit that the weight gain is starting to get to me. I was just looking back on the last 15 or so weeks or pictures (we don't bother taking pictures until the 12th week) and was starting to get a little sentimental for my "old self". I know I'm not alone in this feeling, and hopefully those who are or have been pregnant before can understand where I'm coming from. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually VERY proud of my size right now cause it makes me feel like "Numero Dos" is big and healthy, but it's hard to feel so out of control of my own body.
I am really enjoying this pregnancy though... regardless of the pain and discomfort he's been causing me. The more "trouble" he causes the more real he feels and the more excited I get to meet him. I know he'll be here before I know it, so I'm just going to sit tight and enjoy having only one child while I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look awesome...I just saw you last week and your little belly is just so sweet:) Its funny how the weight gain thing gets to us even though we know we have to do for the baby. It will all come off after he arrives so like you said just sit back and enjoy it!!!
Love Michelle

Unknown said...

I agree with Michelle 100%. You look so beautiful! I am so proud of you sweet daughter for so many reasons. I love you!! Mom