Friday, October 2, 2009

5 years and 6 months!



First of all, here's the weekly shot of my growing belly. I have been told on MANY occasions that I seem to have gotten bigger overnight. I don't know if it's exactly over night but I certainly have gotten bigger, and so has he!! He's moving CONSTANTLY, which is sometimes painful, and sometimes annoying, but despite that I'm still enjoying it. I like knowing that he is strong and healthy. :)
24 weeks!
SIX MONTHS!









And in other news, today marks 5 years that Jorge and I have been married. I can't believe it's been that long! SO much has changed over the last 5 years. We've moved to Houston, bought a house, had a BEAUTIFUL baby girl and now are having a baby boy!



I feel very blessed to have him in my life. He's been my best friend close to 8 years and I can't tell you how great it is to be married to your best friend. He makes me a better person and I'd like to think that goes both ways.

We always celebrate our anniversary the same way. We go out to eat, usually TGI Friday's, where we ate on our wedding night cause we were SO hungry after our reception... (isn't that always the way it goes?) and yes, we get the SAME meal we had that night too... or Olive Garden (cause I LOVE there salad) and then we go to Best Buy and get a movie that we've been wanting (maybe a season of the X-files this year... ?). That way we don't have to worry about what to get each other. Simple yes, but very "us".

I am really looking forward to tonight, getting "dressed up" and going to a simple, yet enjoyable meal with my best friend.

Happy Anniversary to us!!!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Happy anniversary! Has it really been 5 years?? You are such a wonderful couple with a beautiful family! Can't wait to meet Numero Dos!

Kelsey Woodruff said...

I love that anniversary tradition, it's adorable! It reminds me of my parents' anniversary tradition. On their wedding night my dad forgot to pack ANY dinner for them so they ate vending machine chocolate and a bottle of champagne for dinner...so they like to celebrate with chocolate and champagne.