Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween!

Halloween this year was good, crazy fun! My sister and I decided that we were going to make Lori and Wyatt be something together and after running through many different ideas (Troy and Gabriella from HSM, and Sonny and Cher to name a few) we landed on Lilo and Stitch. In hindsight I think it was a lost cause, seeing as we didn't end up getting any pictures of them together anyway. But they were cute as usual, so I guess that's ok.

We started the day going to a pumpkin patch so we could get some pictures of the cousins in a pumpkin patch... I think we got some good ones.
if these don't make you smile then nothing will!!








(Lori had just slapped Jorge in the face, however her face is so beyond joyful I had to post it)

After the pumpkin patch we went to a soccer tournament that our church was putting on. We intended to let Lori run around but it was CRAZY muddy so she got held by some of her favorite people...

Terry Richter


Keeke Hartis


and Griffin Simpson

Then it was time to get ready for the night. We've done the same thing for the last 4 years (I can't believe it's been that long!) We go over to a friends house, have Chili and appetizers and then go Trick or Treating. When we started this there were 4 kids. Now there are 11!!!


Two very happy trick or treaters.


This is one of my favorite pictures from the night. :)

Jason Barnes (no relation) and Keeke were sitting with a bunch of the kids and it looks like a perfect Norman Rockwell Christmas card.


Sara Kinsey passed out the candy while we all went Trick or Treating. She also brought one of THE BEST APPETIZER EVER! Stuffed jalapenos! I think I ate 4! (Dang it, now I'm cravin' 'em!)



There was a cute moment between Lori and her best friend Rachel. I actually missed it, but Jorge witnessed it and told me about it on the way home. Apparently Lori was coming away from a house after getting some candy and saw Rachel. She says "Achel!" and then Rachel walks past her and says "Hi Lora!" And that was it, short and sweet but it was her first conversation.


Lori found this Lollipop and started sucking on it, paper and all. Jorge thought it was funny so we let her do it, yet she sucked through the paper and then ended up a drooly sugary mess! It was disgusting.




Last but not least, here I am in my costume. If you can't tell I am Juno. I decided to dress up like a pregnant teen since that's what everyone seems to think I am. Yes, it ACTUALLY has happened, in fact, I have been the source of a few rumors while volunteering at the youth group at church. It's KINDA funny, but after a while, it does get a little old. Some days, I think I'd like to look my age, I'd even settle for looking like I was in my early 20's! Oh well.

1 comment:

Kelsey Woodruff said...

Dana, that's my fear! That someone will think I'm a pregnant teen! That's funny that it has happened to you.. I guess that's when you figure out whether your church is welcoming or judgmental. Haha.