Friday, December 18, 2009

Our daughter the artist

Today I learned a few things. One, Lori actually DOES like to color. And two, she doesn't need paper. I was in the my sewing room on the phone with my mom this morning when I heard a banging/hitting sound. I said to my mom, "Hang on, I think Lori's coloring on the floor." I was wrong, but not too wrong. She had taken the heart shaped crayons that I had made her and started coloring on the wainscoting of our eating area. All I could do was laugh, until my mom told me that I shouldn't laugh otherwise I would only encourage her drawing on the walls. But it was so dang cute. I could tell she had NO idea she had done anything wrong what so ever. (I love this girl so much!)





I explained to her that she can only color on paper, not the walls and then I took her crayons away. She cried and cried. I felt bad, but I figured it was the only punishment I could really do. I do plan to have her clean it off... but I wanted Jorge to see it when he got home. (I even told the women who cleaned my house today not to clean it off... is that wrong?) Sadly, Jorge is kinda proud of her work and wants to keep it up a little longer.

Later I was in kitchen and saw this...





Apparently, she had hit the kitchen before getting to the walls of the eating area. This also made me laugh. And what makes me laugh even more now as I type this is imagining Lori changing colors and adding a little blue here, and a little green there. (granted I can't be sure of this since the crayons she was using were made from melting down different colored crayons, so she could have just been using the same heart shaped crayon but the idea in and of itself makes me laugh.)

Needless to say, she will most likely be getting an easel for Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that Lori is expressing her artistic qualities makes an Art Teacher proud:) I know it's not what you would like her to express it on but artistic kids are the BEST!!!

Love you
Michelle