Sunday, December 7, 2008

Lucky pushpins!

I'm not one to believe in "luck" but I do think that God does allow for some pretty close calls... our family just experienced one that had it gone the other way my life would have been forever different.

Tonight, while I was helping out with the kids choirs at church, Jorge took Lori to Walgreens to pick up some pictures for me. While he was there he decided to get some pushpins so he could hang a poster in Lori's room. It took him a few minutes to find them, pick between colored or clear (he went with clear) and check out. As he was walking out of the store he heard sirens and just then a car came RACING through the parking lot, no more than 5 feet in front of him (and Lori!!) followed closely by a cop car! Jorge said that had he not gone and gotten those pushpins he most likely would have been in the car backing out and would have been t-boned by that car! He said that even though he could hear the sirens he still would have backed out because when you hear sirens you don't think that they'll be racing through the parking lot your in.

Thank God for those pushpins!!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Yikes! I'm so glad they're OK!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It just reminds us how we are so blessed to have the families God has given us. What a relief to know they are okay and that God was watching over them both. I'm sure you are giving a few extra squeezes and kisses now, I know I would!

teabarnes said...

That is really scary!! I can't wait to hug you and Jorge and the baby!!