Monday, August 24, 2009

a dream come true

As many of you know, my sister and her family moved to Houston about a month ago. I was sittin' at home the other day thinking about how blessed I am. Megan and I have always been close, yes we fought, but I really can't think of a time where I didn't consider her my best friend.

When we were little girls we used to talk about what it would be like when we grew up and one of the things we talked about was living down the street from each other. She would have a pink house, and I would have a "booger green" house. (that was what we called the color of my parents house and I wanted to do everything just like them)

Fast forward 20 plus years and here we are. Ok, so we don't live exactly "down the street" from each other, and her house isn't pink and my certainly is not "booger green" but we aren't complaining.

It's been a fun month! Jorge and I are excited that our kids will grow up with their Aunt and Uncle around the corner. We look forward to raising our kids together. It truly is a dream come true.

P.S: Happy Birthday Megan!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a sweet post. I'm sorry happy for you guys! What fun to have aunts, uncles and cousins nearby!