Monday, April 27, 2009

Eyebrow Threading

There are many ways to rid yourself of excessive eyebrow hair, plucking, waxing and my new favorite way, threading. According to Wikipedia threading is "an ancient method of hair removal which originated in Persia spread to the Middle and Far East and is now gaining popularity in Western countries. It is equally popular with both men and women in Arab countries. Practitioners use a pure, thin, twisted cotton thread which is rolled over untidy hairlines moustaches and so on, plucking the hair at the follicle level. Unlike tweezing where a single hair is pulled out each time, threading can remove an entire row of hair, resulting in a straighter line."
I have had my eyebrows threaded once before and I was SOLD! I will never wax again! I was so excited that I called my mom on my way home and we planned to get ours done together when they came out to visit us. Since then I have been growing my eyebrows out in preparation. Fast forward to yesterday. My sister, my mom and I went out to the Katy Mills Mall to get our eyebrows done!!! The trip was a great success and Megan and my mom were quite pleased with the results... as was I. They are able to achieve a much cleaner line by threading and as a result a much nicer shape to the overall brow.

I knew I was going to want to Blog about this so I asked Jorge to take a "before" picture of my eyebrows and then later an "after" picture. I think they are a little "backwards" (I would have preferred the "before" to be on the left and the "after" to be on the right but oh well...) Like I said before, I was growing out my eyebrows so, keep that in mind when viewing the following pictures... they may not be suitable for young children! :)




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I found your blog through a google search for eyebrow threading in Katy. Could you tell what stores the threading place is near? Thank you very much. Diane