Monday, October 27, 2008

Time for a change!

Well, after two years, (almost to the day) Jorge has decided that it's time for a change.

We were having dinner with my mom and some friends and while we were sitting there chatting, Jorge mentioned that he needed some new khaki pants, ones that would be good for a job interview. "And what interview are you going on?" "I have an interview Wednesday." (it was Monday) "What? Where?"
And that was how I found out that he had even applied to any jobs, I knew he was "looking" but I had no idea he was APPLYING.

So the next day, my mom and I got him some pants and then on Wednesday he had his interview, and it went well. Well enough that they wanted to meet with him again, and again and again. Four interviews in all. They're a small company and they were apparently looking for someone who would fit in well with everyone. And it turns out that Jorge DOES because they offered him the job this past Friday. Papers were signed tonight so it's official! In two weeks Jorge will no longer working at Hanna Carwash. I think I'm a little more sad than Jorge is but I'll get over it once he's gone.

Now I guess I should give you the details of the job. The company is called Evo-site and from what I can understand they design furniture. Not furniture for your home, but if you have a police station or a control room, they're your guys. So Jorge will be designing furniture, meeting with clients and supervising installations. It's a fairly new company and I think that it will be great for Jorge to be there on the ground floor. He's got such a great way of doing things that I really think that he will enjoy being able to really create the way things will be done. Unlike Hanna Carwash, there is an opportunity for growth and I know that Jorge feels good about that.

There are so many things that are GREAT about this job! First off, it pays more. Not tons more, but enough to make Jorge feel good. Second, it has health care!! Hurray! So now Jorge will be covered and we won't have to pay. Third, and my personal favorite, it is so much closer! Less than 4 miles!! 10 minutes away, as opossed to the 40-45 minutes it takes him to get to Hanna. So I'm thrilled! Oh and I almost forgot, he won't have to be at work until 8:00! He would start work at 7:00 at Hanna so he (and I, because Jorge will sleep through an alarm so I have to wake him up...) get up at 6:00 am. I don't think that we've ever gotten up later than 6:30 since we've gotten married. I can't believe it! It's going to be awesome.

And to top it all off the owner is a Christian!

So I think that's it!

Congratulations Jorge! We know that this was a big step for you! You're going to do so well!
We are so proud of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I am soooo happy for you guys!! PTL!!